The Lottery- by Shirley Jackson (1948)


 

The Lottery- by Shirley Jackson (1948)

Rating:7/10

 

The first thing I thought about after reading the short story was that it was a beautiful day mentioned in the first article and that the article went in a completely different direction from the title of "the lottery". There were already villages that did not do lottery, but in this village where it was implemented and regarded as a culture, even if a person named Tessie shouted that it was not fair, she had to be ignored by his family and hit by a stone. Honestly, I felt blank at first when I saw the scene where villagers threw stones casually.

 I don't think anyone's sacrifice will enrich the town, even if someone's sacrifice can enrich the town, it is still a debatable subject. I thought about the absurd trolley problem, and I thought my choice would be different if I was in a situation or if my family and acquaintances were there. I was able to look back and reflect on the dark inside of human beings. In addition, it was regrettable that no one was suspicious of this situation and blindly followed the culture. (194 words)

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

About James Joyce

Gooseberries-By Anton Checkhov

The Semplica-Girl Diaries- by George Saunders