The Semplica-Girl Diaries- by George Saunders

 

The Semplica-Girl Diaries- by George Saunders

Rating:7/10

 

First of all, it was written in the form of a diary, so it felt very unique from the perspective of reading it. I think I got to think about wealth. It was a real shock to be a Semplica Girl. In fact, I couldn't believe that people in areas like Laos were acting as living dolls to make money, but I couldn't believe the scene where they said it wasn't sad because they made money and gave their families a better life. However, at the same time, I felt that SG was recognized as a symbol of wealth. Also, I thought that it didn’t make sense to feel liberated by winning the lottery,by taking away the freedom of Semplica Girl.

It may be a little out of the blue, but Kyle came to mind in Victory Lap. It's not a good thing to see, but anyway, I thought that the situation that provided SG with a job was similar to Kyle's situation, which saved Alison from the kidnapper but broke the kidnapper's head. I thought it would be good to think about it together because my thoughts changed little by little depending on the perspective of each.(198words)

(makes me feel creepy)

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

About James Joyce

Gooseberries-By Anton Checkhov